IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 40 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
IMAX China has an IMMEDIATE need for a Technical Services Specialist to be located in Fuzhou to support IMAX theatres in South China. Reporting to Regional Services Manager, the Technical Services Specialist provides 24/7 service, support, and upgrades to IMAX digital projection and audio equipment to ensure audiences are presented with the best possible IMAX experience. Working out of his/her home and reporting to regional manager, the Technical Services Specialist travels extensively (approximately 75%) sometimes on very short notice domestically and occasionally
- Perform service and preventative maintenance of IMAX digital projection and audio equipment through on-site visits and telephone support. Service work at the theatre is mainly carried out after normal business hours.
- Maintain 100% uptime of all IMAX theatres through preventative and emergency servicing
- Responsible for handling and maintaining multi-million dollar equipment in a critical “show must go on” environment
- Reduce the number of lost shows by quickly responding, analyzing and correcting problems over the phone and proactively during site visits.
- Plan and schedule service visits to IMAX theatres which may include hardware and software installation
- Provide written report to the customer at the time of the visit
- Track parts exchanged and ensure parts are returned from the client within the contractual obligations of warranty
- Prepare periodic reporting on theatre roster.
- Dedication to concise and timely reporting of service activities and closure of the reporting cycle
- Attention to detail and verification of information in the Technical Services theatre information database
- Timely administrative reporting.
- Train and develop IMAX projectionists/operators.
- Be available for emergency service dispatches and recover systems to normal operation as quickly as possible.
- Be available to travel worldwide, or to change travel plans, on very short notice.
- Respond to all inbound client communications including alerts, emails and phone calls within set timeframes.
- Prefer four years (minimum two required) at a university, college, or technical school or significant job related experience and specialized training in engineering/electronics with a strong computer background
- A broad knowledge of audio systems, electronics/mechanical, Use of specialized test equipment (including but not limited to volt/ohmmeters, audio test equipment and oscilloscopes) and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Experience in electronics or computer repairs.? Experienced in anti-static practices when handling and installing electronic cards/boards/hard drives etc.
- Knowledge of projection optics alignment is useful.
- Working knowledge of AC and DC power supplies, experience with working on low voltage, single phase and 3 phase powered equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, resourceful, diplomatic, and customer service oriented individual.
- Background in technical service support with help desk experience or PC service and support experience and/or network experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skill in English in a clear and concise manner is essential; knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Complex thinking and problem solving skills are required to troubleshoot equipment failures quickly and efficiently
- The ability to deal with customers, on the phone or in person, who are confused or upset, and to troubleshoot their equipment problem under stressful circumstances.
- Experience with common software and hardware including but not limited to MS Office Suite and Outlook
- MS Windows/XP, Networking monitoring and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of networking and network communications (ie pinging devices, ip address configuration)
- Working knowledge of FTP protocols and use and telnet and client software/utilities
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows registry
- Ability to carry out an effective maintenance routine and order tasks while working within the confines of the customer’s scheduling needs
- Ability to deal with each customer’s unique questions and give advice on operational matters
- Able to work holidays and weekends
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work at heights
- Service work at the theatre is mainly carried out after normal business hours
- The ability and flexibility to travel extensively (approximately 75%) domestically and occasionally internationally may be required
- Be available to travel, or to change travel plans, on very short notice
For consideration, please apply online.? We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.